GLUCONATE TECHNOLOGY, PRODUCTS & USE
- In metal cleaning formulations for rust and stain removal of metal surfaces.
- In metal finishing baths for aluminium etching.
- In metal plating processing baths.
- In cleaning formulations in dairy and beer industry for removal of milk and beer stone.
- In bottle washing formulations for removal of calcium scales and labels.
- In textile industry as stabilizers for dye baths and bleach baths.
- In water - based paint formulations and in alkaline paint stripping formulations.
- In leather tanning and dyeing processes.
- In mortar and concrete admixes as retarder and plasticizer (after neutralization with alkali).
- As raw material for the manufacture of gluconate salts like Calcium, Sodium, Potassium, Manganese.
- In the construction industry, as a retarder and water reducer for concrete.
- In metal treatment, as a sequestering agent for metal ions.
- In bottle washing, as a controller of heavy metal and harness ions.
- In the textile industry, as a sequestering agent for heavy metal ions.
PHARMA / HEALTH FOOD - Manganese Gluconate can be readily formulated into tablets for the treatment of hypomanganism, should this condition exist. However it is primarily added to vitamin mineral dietary preparations, to supplement normal intake should it be inadequate.
FEED STUFFS - Manganese Gluconate may be added to animal feed to assure adequate manganese ions.
COSMETICS - Manganese Gluconate can be used as mineral source.
CALCIUM GLUCONATE IP / BP / USP / EP & FEED / TECHNICAL GRADES
The company has set up first of its kind industrial fermentation facilities consisting of 100 Thousand Liters Aerobic Fermentation establishment and suitable Down Stream processing facilities for Calcium Gluconate (Bulk Drug) production, based on CSIR (RRL, Jammu) process technology. These facilities were inaugurated by Dr. R A Mashelkar, DG - CSIR, on 5th May 2004.
HUMAN PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
Calcium is an essential element of tissues and blood which contains approximately 10 milligrams per 100 milliliters. The average daily requirement of calcium is 500 milligrams but larger amounts are necessary during periods of growth, pregnancy and lactation. Inadequate calcium absorption leads to rickets and imperfect clarification of bones and teeth.
The demand by infant up to the mother during pregnancy and lactation may cause deflection of calcium from the maternal bones. The deficiency is more often caused by lack of Vitamin D. Therefore, calcium preparations for this purpose usually contain both Calcium and Vitamin D.
Frequently Calcium Gluconate is added to food for its nutritional / health value e.g. in baby food, juices, biscuits, health foods etc. Another use is the incorporation of Calcium Gluconate in instant pudding power mixes in order to increase the speed of reaction. Although Calcium Gluconate is more expensive than some other Calcium Salts, it has the preference for quality products. It does not give the pudding a sour taste since it is neutral.
VETERINARY PHARMACEUTICAL INDUSTRY
Here Calcium Gluconate is used for the treatment of hypocalcaemia in cases of milk fever and grass tetany. Calcium Gluconate is the product of choice for such treatment, because it has no irritating effects on the body tissue.
Potassium Gluconate is administered in all cases of potassium deficiency and when there is danger of potassium depletion. Potassium depletion may be caused by diabetic acidosis, diarrhoea, vomiting etc., Potassium chloride is also used but Potassium Gluconate is preferred because of its slightly mild saline taste.
Based on market requirements, the company can supply any salt as per the details provided the chart. We can also provide combination of salts for Pharma & Food, Veterinary and Agricultural segments - either in the form of formulation or combination of different salts, as per customer requirements.
PACKING & STORAGE
- Calcium, Sodium, Manganese, Potassium Salts are normally packed in 50 Kgs HDPE Woven Bags with double PP liners inside the bag.
- The mode of packing may be changed as per customer requirements on request.
- These products have to be stored in cool dry environment, away from sunlight to ensure shelf life of 2 - 3 years.